Here is a list of tips for commercial vehicle drivers who have to venture through areas of unrest and protests. These tips are put out by the American Trucking Associations’ Transportation Security Council and Safety Management Council.
- Avoid these areas.
- Plan your route around closed roads.
- Keep in touch with the delivery location, your delivery time might change if you have to bypass certain areas.
- Make sure your truck is fully fueled and checked, you don’t want to break down in these areas.
- Stop your truck. Do not drive through and provoke groups in a gathering.
- Use the cameras in your truck to document what’s going on.
Click the link below to read the full list.